Thursday, May 7, 2009

3 Weeks Until Launch!

In 21 days from now, I will be somewhere over the Pacific Ocean on a Boeing 777-300ER, heading for Japan! From May 29-July 25, I will be working for the Central Japan Railway Company, and living in Tokyo, Japan. This blog will serve as my journal, and be a chance for everyone to keep up with my life overseas.

I get done with work in one week, and have the final 14 days to get everything in order and pack my bags. Tomorrow I will be picking up some new luggage, a present from my dad for graduation. I have a pretty lengthy list of things to do before I go, with bills to pay, a dog to be taken care of, and packing everything up, to name a few.

It will be interesting to see how I fare in an unfamiliar country, with no Japanese language skills. At least one of the people in my group speaks the language, and apparently my co-workers will speak English, so I will not be totally lost. I named this blog "two handed chopsticks," a summation of how awkward I expect to be. Keep updated as I prepare for my trip, and look for posts and pictures from the East Pacific Rim.

No comments:

Post a Comment