Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fishing with the Chairman

I don't remember if I mentioned this or not, but when we met with Chairman Kasai he told us that we should go fishing while in Japan and offered to set it up. We thought he was just being polite, but it turns out he was serious. He set up a net fishing trip for us in Nagoya on July 21st, and told us that he will be joining us if his schedule allows for it!

I thought it was really cool, but didn't really comprehend how big of a deal it was until we were talking to the marketing guys over dinner. They were astonished that we not only met him, but that we were going on a recreational excursion with him. He is so high up in the company that most employees have never met him, and most that have only did so when hearing him speak on a company related topic. I think that I am going to pick up a copy of his book and read it before our trip so I have something intelligent to discuss with him.

So I've got that going for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment