Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Losing it in Tokyo

Ok, the title sounds worse than reality. In fact this is a story that makes me really happy.

The first full day in Tokyo I lost my camera. For this I blame the jet lag. I wasn't sure if I had dropped it somewhere or if I had been pickpocketed, but I was assured by the employees at work that it was probably not stolen.

Then today I lost my train pass. Again, I have been here short enough of a time that I will blame jet lag for this one as well.

Anyway, during lunch I took a walk to the one place where I thought I might have dropped my camera. Sure enough, I had left it at Baskin Robins and the employees had been holding at the counter in case I returned! At the end of the work day then stopped at the convenience store where I had last seen my train pass. The employee went into the back room and came back with it a minute later!

I am so impressed with the employees and the Japanese culture in general! Both of these items were of great value and could have been kept and used without anyone knowing, but they were both held safely for me. Hopefully I do not lose anything else though, I don't think I can blame jet lag much longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment